In this video, I’ll show you how to bulk import your properties on the Happy Manage web application (log in at happy.co). Depending on how your account is set up, you'll be able to import Units for Multifamily Housing and Properties for Single Family Housing.
- Log in by going to happyco.com
- Click Units on the left hand side
- Click Import Units on the right hand side
- A small window will open, and click the blue link to download the Units Import CSV file
- Once it’s downloaded, open it and you’ll see an Excel file with various columns
I’ll quickly explain what information should go in each column.
- External ID: There’s no need to enter any information here, this is something we use on our end.
- Building ID: your internal building ID
- Floorplan: floor plan
- Notes: add any notes you would like attached to this property. For example, your internal # for the property or a Key #
- Line 1: street address
- Line 2: unit or property #, such as Unit 1 or Apartment A
- Locality: city
- Province: state
- Postcode: zip code
- Title: name of the contact you’d like to add, such as Owner or Tenant, and then add the corresponding contact information for Name, Email, and Phone
Once you’ve added all the data to this Excel file that you’d like to add to your account, follow these steps:
- Save this spreadsheet and then go back to Happy Manage
- Click Let’s Get Started
- Click the image in the center to upload your CSV file
- Click Open
- Click I am Ready To Start My Import
- Once the import is completed, you’ll receive a notification that your import has been successful. Now, you’ll see all of the properties have been added to your account.
You can now go into any property to add a photo, and add or edit information as needed.