This Help Article covers:
- What Are Roles?
- Updating the Role of a Team Member
This Help Article assumes you're a user with an Administrator role in your company. If you're unsure, please contact us here at email@example.com
- Depending on the subscription plan you're on, you may have fewer roles to select from, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to speak with one of our team about upgrading your plan,
- If you use a channel partner integration, your workflow may be slightly different. Please reach out your partner's support team for clarification.
What Are Roles?
Every user is assigned a Role when their account is created. These roles determine exactly which functions the user is able to perform. Certain functions such as removing data, and editing the account are restricted to Admins and Process Managers. There are currently 4 main Roles, and depending on your plan you may have access to 2.
Admin has the highest level of capability. This includes the ability to manage company information, billing and users. They can also manage templates, reports and other operations related items.
Process Manager has the ability to manage company operations with templates, inspections and reports. Large companies may have many Process Managers.
Standard can perform inspections and share reports (previously Inspector).
Limited can perform inspections and generate reports, but do not possess the ability to customize or share them (previously Limited Inspector).
Updating the Role of a Team Member
To change a user’s Role login to Happy Manage and go to the Company Management screen:
- click on the user you wish to update
- click their current Role
- select the new Role from the dropdown
- the change will be applied immediately.
Once you've updated a user's access ensure your team member refreshes their Happy Inspector app after you change their details to ensure the update is pulled down from Happy Manage. To refresh Happy Inspector, have your team member pull down on their list of folders, and their list of units, inspections and/or templates.