What's the difference between a Section and an Item?
- Sections are a collection of items in an inspection. For example, in a given rental unit, a section could be labelled Bedroom, Kitchen, or Dining Room.
- Items are the elements within those sections — i.e. the walls, flooring, windows, etc, that you would find inside a bedroom or kitchen.
How do I collapse and expand sections in my inspections on iOS?
- Just tap the (>) chevron icon that's to the left of the section's name in the gray title bar.
- This can help you save time and offer a visual cue that the room is complete!
How do I collapse and expand all my sections in my inspection on iOS?
We understand that inspection lists can grow very long when there's lots to check! To solve this on iOS, simply:
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap the double chevron icon (in the middle). This will collapse all of your sections.
How can I quickly jump to a section in my inspection on iOS?
To quickly jump between sections in a lengthy inspection:
- Tap the inverted arrow icon (it's on the bottom right of your inspection screen).
- You'll see a list of all your sections and can tap to the one you'd like to view.
How do I add a new section into my inspection?
Maybe you're standing in a room that's not reflected on your inspection? Don't worry: you can add sections on the go! Here's how:
- On an iPhone or iPad, go to the bottom of the section right above where you'd like to add a new section.
- Tap Insert Section and you're all set.
- On an Android, tap Insert Item or Section, then Insert Section.
(On either device, you'll be able to add a blank section and enter items individually or copy an existing inspection).
How do I rename or remove a section in my Inspection?
- On your iPhone/iPad, tap the pencil-and-paper icon at the very bottom of the screen (the far left option of three icons).
- On an Android, tap Edit at the top right, next to the pencil icon.
You'll see an Edit Layout screen where you can select the section you want to rename or remove. Note: with Move-in / Move-out inspections, renaming a section can cause issues down the line with the comparison report. Also, the changes will be specific to that inspection and any copies going forward. To introduce changes that will affect all inspections using the same template, edit the template in Manage.
How do I change the layout of my sections in my inspection?
- Scroll to the bottom of your inspection screen to find the Edit button, which looks like a pencil and paper icon on an iPhone or iPad. On an Android, that icon is on the top right.
- After tapping the Edit button, tap Reorder Sections.
- Then, tap and hold on the small hamburger icon to the right of the section you would like to re-order.
Note: these changes will be specific to that inspection and any copies of it going forward. To introduce changes that will affect all inspections using the same template, edit the template in Manage.
How do I add a new item to a section in my inspection?
Adding items is quick and simple! Head to the bottom of the section you'd like to add an item to, and tap Insert Item. That's it!
How do I rename or remove an item in my inspection?
- On iPhone or iPad, scroll to the bottom of your inspection, and tap the Edit button (pencil and paper icon).
- Then, tap on the item you'd like to edit.
- If you want to delete an item, tap on the red "delete" icon next to the item.
- On Android, tap the Edit button up the top right of the inspection screen, next to the pencil. Then, slide items off the inspection screen you'd like removed from the inspection.
How do I change the layout of items in my inspection?
Here's how to change the order of the items in your inspections:
- On an iPhone or iPad, the tap Edit button (looks like a pencil and paper icon) at the bottom left of the inspection screen.
- On an Android, tap the Edit button at the top right of the inspection screen (next to the pencil). Then, slide the items around the inspection using the small hamburger-shaped icon on the far right.
- On either type of device, you'll be able to re-order items within a section or drag them into other sections.
Read more below: