This Help Article covers:
- Installing Happy Inspector
- Updating Happy Inspector
- Your device limit
- How to unlink a device from your user account
- How to link a device to your user account
Installing Happy Inspector
Updating Happy Inspector
Always make sure you're using the latest version of Happy Inspector before you head out to perform your inspections. The easiest way to check is to look for your app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your device and check to see if it's asking you to update.
Tap Update under your Happy Inspector listing on your device in order to update to download the latest version.
Your device limit
Every user account in your HappyCo business can install Happy Inspector on two devices maximum.
This means each inspector can have it installed on their iPad as well as their iPhone. This means if an inspector leaves their iPad at the office when they head out, they are able to perform the inspection on their phone and keep things moving.
Please note: every, single installation of the app is counted as a device in our system, even if it's the same physical device. Refer to the example below.
An example, to illustrate the two device limit:
- You initially install Happy Inspector on your iPad mini.
- You later need to perform an inspection when your iPad isn't available so you install it on your iPhone and login no problem and complete your inspection.
- Later, for some reason you delete and re-install the app on your iPhone.
- At that point, when you go to login to Happy Inspector which has just been re-installed on your iPhone you will have reached your Happy Inspector device limit and will be prompted to Manage Devices before logging in.
- WARNING: deleting the app is not recommended. Always contact our friendly Support team before removing the app as you may lose any data or photos that haven't uploaded to your account).
- You'll need to follow the steps below to unlink the first installation of Happy Inspector on your iPhone.
How to unlink a device from your user account
To unlink, or remove a device, from your user account you will need to login to your Happy Manage web app.
Login from our homepage happy.co then click on your profile down the lower left.
Click on the Devices tab and look for the device in the table and click on the red Remove link.
If you've installed Happy Inspector on the same device and having trouble distinguishing which device to remove, refer to the Last Signed In column as a guide to which device was the first installation.
Once you've unlinked one of your devices, you're now able to install Happy Inspector on the third 'device'.
How to link a device to your user account
To link a device to your account you only need to login to Happy Inspector on that device.
Nothing further is required.
Please note: the first time you login on a device you must be connected to the internet by either wifi or cellular.
If you're on a wifi only device you will need to sign in to Happy Inspector before you leave the office.