In this Help Article, we show you how to bulk import your properties on the Happy Manage web application (log in at happy.co). Depending on how your account is set up, you'll be able to import Units for Multifamily Housing and Properties for Single Family Housing.
Log in by going to happy.co and select the Property from the dropdown menu (top left)
Click Units & Areas on the left hand side
Click the overflow menu (three vertical dots) on the right hand side
Click Download CSV Template
Once it’s downloaded, open it and you’ll see an Excel file with various columns
I’ll quickly explain what information is required in the CSV upload template for a successful upload.
This column must exist and have data
- line2: this column must be filled with data and should include your unit or property # (e.g. Unit 1 or Apartment A).
These columns must exist but do not need any data
- building: your internal building ID
- floorplan: floor plan
- line1: street address
- city: city
- state: state
- country: country
- postcode: zip code
NOTE: if you are using an older version of the CSV upload template, you will need to make the following changes to ensure you do not encounter any upload issues.
- Rename column heading ‘locality’ to ‘city’
- Rename column heading ‘province’ to ‘state’
These columns are completely optional
- externalID: no information goes here as it is used by HappyCo
- notes: add any notes you would like attached to this property e.g. your internal # for the property or a key #
Once you’ve included the required data in the CSV file that you’d like to add to your account, follow these steps:
- Save this spreadsheet and then go back to Happy Manage
- Click the overflow menu (three vertical dots) on the right hand side
- Click Import Locations
- Click the Select a file field to upload your CSV file
- Click Import Locations at the bottom of the screen
- Once the import is completed, you’ll receive a notification that your import has been successful. Now, you’ll see all of the properties have been added to your account.
NOTE: If an error occurs due to missing fields or duplicate rows, the import will not process.
You can now go into any property to add a photo, and add or edit information as needed.