Three Keys to a Successful Unit Walk:
Users must initially download/sync all inspections prior to inspecting offline
Inspections are pre-scheduled, you should never need start a new unit inspection
There should be exactly one inspection found under each unit at all times
Initial Download / Sync Instructions:
(1) Login to DD Mobile App
(2) Enter Property Folder
(3) View list of of Inspections in the Unit Inspections list
(4) Pull down in middle of screen to refresh
Once all inspections finish populating, you can disconnect your device from Wi-Fi/cellular data and begin performing inspections.
For best app performance, it is recommended to leave devices offline (in Airplane Mode) and only reconnect to Wi-Fi/cellular data to sync up progress.
Performing a Unit by Unit Inspection:
(1) Navigate to the Unit Inspections screen
(2) Tap to enter a unit
(3) Tap the Scheduled Inspection to begin
(4) If the unit is accessible, select “Yes, Start Inspection”. If not, select “No” and give reason for no entry
(5) Tap the Complete button at the bottom right to complete inspection
The inspection will be marked as Complete and return to the unit inspections screen.
Note that you can tap the “filter” icon in the top right corner to filter by Complete, Draft and Ready to Start, and No Entry inspections. If you need to inspect a unit that was initially inaccessible, simply select the unit that is in Draft or Scheduled, then tap “Start Inspection”. This will remove the reason for no entry and you can go about the inspection as usual to complete it.