This article covers how to start a new inspection in Manage or in app.
Starting a new Inspection in Manage
- Log into Manage and select your property folder
- Select the Inspections tab on the left under Apps
- Once on the Inspections page, click the New Inspection button in the upper right corner
- This will open a window on the right to enter the inspection details
- Select your Template and Location (unit)
- The inspection will default to Scheduled: Today
- You can alter the Scheduled date, Due Date, and Assignee in this screen as well
- If a due date is selected, you can also toggle on the option to expire the inspection once past due
Starting a new Inspection using the app
- The quickest way to start an inspection is by using Create Inspection feature in the app
- To use this you need to begin by tapping on the + icon that shows in the right bottom corner
- Once you have tapped the icon, select Create an Inspection
- Select the Location where the inspection is taking place and the corresponding template from the What type of inspection is field.
- Tap on Start Inspection
- If an identical inspection type unused exists for the selected location, you will be prompted to decide whether to use the already existing inspection or if you wish to start a brand new one.
- When in doubt, create a new inspection.